Monday, July 23, 2012

Double chocolate mint protein shake!



This is a tasty protein shake!  You can use whatever type of protein powder you prefer (raw, soy, rice, whey)..I use a pharmaceutical grade whey that can be purchased online.  It is by far the most flavorful whey protein powder I have tasted. It does not give me gas or constipate ( I know a little to much information but it is important to know)...I grow mint in my garden ( add as much as you like)...I have photographed all ingredients above just in case you were wondering the ones I use and prefer!
I also added about a teaspoon of Extra virgin coconut oil to my smoothie ( coconut oil helps in losing weight ...believe it or not...it also helps to make the smoothies creamy!)  Ok now for the recipe:
I used:
8 oz. of Almond breeze chocolate almond milk ( unsweetened only)
1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (about 1/4 cup)
2 tbsp. of raw cacao ( Navista naturals)
1tbsp of chia seeds ( no need to grind these)
1tbsp of hemp SEEDS (not powder)
15 fresh mint leaves ( more if you really like mint)
1 teasp. EV Coconut oil
5-6 ice cubes
Throw everything in your blender mix until smooth!
YUMMY!

Below I will put the links for the raw cacao and the protein powder I use : just click on the link it will take you to each site!
http://www.metabolicnutrition.com/p-6-protizyme.aspx    Protein powder ( It is expensive)
All other items can be purchased at your local health food store or in the natural food section of your local grocery store!

16 comments:

  1. Erica...it like having a chocolate mint cookie...LOVE...no more girl scout cookies needed!! Hope all is well with you...thank you for being my faithful blog commenter...:))LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to definitely try this one. Looks delish!! Thanks for sharing Tammy. I love your blog :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is really like having a rich dessert...hope you like it...thanks so much for being a part of my blog!!

      Delete
  3. This looks so good Tammy! I will try it out today. I grow chocolate mint in my garden, have you tried this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooooooo.....chocolate mint will make it even better....let me know if you like it!!

      Delete
  4. Another helpful post from you! That "too much information" is so important because "that too much information" is the problem I have with protein powders..gas! I'll be trying this brand you say doesn't cause it so I can have a proper intake of protein. Thank you again, Tammy! Oh! On the coconut oil: really a surprise that it helps to lose weight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People are afraid of coconut oil...but it is a medium chain fatty acid...works totally different in the body...this protein powder is the only one I can use that does not cause gas or constipate...most people are embarrassed to talk about things like this....not me it is reality....this protein powder is more expensive but its a medical grade protein powder that is super refined...thanks so much for your kind words!!

      Delete
  5. Tammy, would it be good without the mint? I'm not a mint lover. Also, since I'm not a coconut lover, would adding the coconut oil flavor the drink? I'm "this close" to getting a juicer because I've been pricing the juice cleanses online (BluePrint Cleanse and Organic Avenue). My diet isn't bad, but this 12 lbs I want to lose isn't budging. Must do something!
    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  6. you can leave the mint out...There is such a small part of coconut oil that you probably wouldn't taste it....the benefits of coconut are so worth it...and it helps your body burn fat...remember it is not the same flavor as a almond joy bar ...( oh these were once my favorite...Lol) Juicing will benefit your body and life so much more than just a cleanse...go for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This will definitely be something that I will try. I just need to purchase the ingredients. How often do you drink this shake per week? Would it be good as a meal replacement? Thanks for posting!

    Hugs,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes it is a complete meal with the protein...You can have it for breakfast everyday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a really good read for me, Must admit that you are one of the best bloggers I ever saw.

    Hangover Treatment & Hydration Treatment

    ReplyDelete
  10. Articles and content in this section of the website are really amazing. Great ideas indeed! I will surely keep this in my mind!

    eliquid & quit smoking

    ReplyDelete
  11. Useful information like this one must be kept and maintained so I will put this one on my bookmark list! Thanks for this wonderful post and hoping to post more of this!

    Orthopedic Physicians & Norwich Orthopedic Group ct

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on this topic. And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him. So I should thank you for the free lunch I got.

    Zantrex3 Reviews & Plexus Slim Reviews

    ReplyDelete