Friday, July 20, 2012

A healthy lunch...what I had today

                                 
                                This is what I had for lunch today....filling and good for you.....

                                 1/2 toasted bagel - I use Alvarado sprouted wheat onion poppyseed
                                  (these bagels are in the frozen health or nature market section)
                                      2 slices of beefsteak tomato and 3 slices of avocado
                                                         salt and pepper to taste!
                                                        Grapes and strawberries!
Do not be afraid of healthy fats....in moderation they do not make you fat...your skin, hair and organs will thank you...Have a healthy happy day!  Bisous!  Tammy
                       

4 comments:

  1. Yummy! This is the type of lunch I have most days in summer! Sometimes I switch it up and instead of avocado with the tomatoes, I use a tsp of basil pesto (super good with beefsteak or heirloom tomatoes!).

    Sometimes I also smoosh 1/4 avocado on whole wheat toast for breakfast (alongside a big bowl of fruit.) Heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious Tammy!! I have to begin incorporating advocados into my meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...healthy fats help you lose weight...your hair, nails, skin, and joints will love you for it...

      Delete
  3. I am trying so hard to look at fruit as a side item for lunch and dinner after seeing this! Just like you would use rice, french fries,or potatoes I am replacing with fruit. Awesome lunch idea...thanks for sharing!! Erica

    ReplyDelete