Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pomegranate Pineapple Smoothie!

  Pomegranate Pineapple Coconut
1 cup ice cold coconut water
1 cup fresh pineapple
2/3 cups frozen pomegranate seeds
1 heaping Tablespoon of coconut flakes ( unsweetened only ladies)
1 T chia seeds
1 T raw wheat germ (good for the brain)
2 ice cubes (made from coconut water)
Put everything in the blender and let the party begin!
Top with a few pomegranate seeds just to feel like you are at the spa!   
Ok maybe a wedge of pineapple too!
Enjoy!
Hope you all try it.

Pomegranate seed tip...
       Buy them now while they are in season...Their season is short..
I will buy MANY ...then I will de-seed them all 
In a freezer bag they go..
And wella....I have pomegranate seeds for most of the year..
LOVE!!
I use them in smoothies all the time
They are so good for us!
Hope you all have a happy, healthy day!
BISOUS!
Tammy                                   

10 comments:

  1. Oh MY !!!! I'll hit every grocery in my area tomorrow!!! Can't wait to try this..��������

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy. I really like all these fruits so I am sure it will be delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had them. Do you only use the seeds? I guess they just grind up in the blender?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum yum yum!! I will be trying! Erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds delicious! I will definitely try this. I grew up in central California (mild climate) and we had a pomegranate tree. My taste buds just crave this fruit in the winter now; guess it's sentimental (my husband and kids certainly don't understand it when I serve a bowl of pomegranate seeds at dinner...that's how we did it when I was a kid). Think I'll forward this recipe to my mom, who still has the fruit-producing tree in her yard :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks very yummy! You should add it to Pinterest!


    Brooke =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. just made this (well i tweaked it a bit so I could use what was in my kitchen, 100% pineapple juice and frozen mango instead of coconut water and pineapple chunks). So fresh and tropical tasting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooo Miss Tammy I just have to share my pomegranate salad dressing with you. Take 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, 2 Tablespoons pomegranate molasses (might be hard to find, but there are no substitutions), 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar and one garlic clove, crushed. Make a salad with baby greens topped with a little feta cheese, pomegranate seeds, lightly toasted pecans and top with the dressing. Ooh la la. Awesomeness in a bowl.

    ReplyDelete